We inform you about important developments in the market and its activities through news and newsletters. Moreover, we offer companies the opportunity to make use of our website as a platform and publish job offers. This service is for free for our members. So, if you have a job offer that is interesting for our German and local audiences, you can publish it here. Just contact us. Please note that we do not publish any job-wanted ads and that we can not assist jobseekers directly.
Working in the lower Gulf Region
The economy in the UAE and Qatar depends on foreign migrant workers. At not less than 85%, the emirate Dubai has the highest share of "expats" among the population. The majority of these are unskilled workers from South East Asia, employed in the construction or service industry. In many areas such as the banking and IT sectors, there are highly qualified employees as well. Opportunities for German citizens arise primarily for skilled workers with a university degree. The paid salaries are higher than in Germany as no taxes are incurred. Yet, it has to be noted that the cost of living, notably rent and tuition, are significantly higher than in Germany. Here you can find a comparison of the cost of living.
- We cooperate with the German recruitment agencies Departer - The German Headhunter and MKS Consultancy.
- An overview of salaries can be found on the websites of gulftalent, bayt and charterhouse or have a look at the HR & Salary Report 2017 published by Departer - The German Headhunter and AHK.
- Companies listed in the yellow pages can be found in the UAE on http://www.yellowpages.ae/ and for Qatar on http://yellowpages.qa/web/.
- The websites of glassdoor and Great Place to Work publish reviews and rankings of companies in the UAE.
- All member companies of the German Emirati Joint Council for Industry and Commerce (AHK) can be found in our members directory.
- Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI) offers business data and contacts.
- The UAE government provides news as well as information on living and working in the UAE on its official website http://www.uaeinteract.com/
- Job ads can be found in English daily newspapers like Gulf News, Khaleej Times.
We wish you a lot of success.