AHK Ordinary General Assembly 2019
The German Emirati Joint Council for Industry and Commerce (AHK) held its Annual General Assembly on Tuesday, 18th June 2019 at Raffles Hotel, Dubai. This year’s event was of particular importance due to the election of the new Board of Directors for the next two-year term. A significant number of attendees, including representatives of German and UAE institutions as well as company representatives, attended the event.
The annual meeting of AHK was the occasion for a review of the work of the joint council, whose main mandate is to support and promote the economic relations between German and the United Arab Emirates. The event was opened by Felix Neugart, CEO AHK, who will soon move back to Germany. He took the chance to thank members and partners and to introduce his successor Oliver Oehms, Delegate of German Industry and Commerce for Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Yemen, who will be heading AHK UAE from mid of August. Further welcome addresses were conveyed to the audience by H.E. Peter Fischer, German Ambassador and H.E. Günter Rauer, Consul General of the Federal Republic of Germany. Both stressed the importance of strong political and economic ties between the two countries and thanked the AHK, in particular Felix Neugart and Dr. Dalia Abu Samra-Rohte, Deputy CEO AHK, for the close and fruitful cooperation. Both, H.E. Günter Rauer and Dr. Dalia Abu Samra-Rohte, will move on to a new mandate. From summer onwards Dr. Dalia Abu Samra-Rohte will be Delegate of the German-Saudi Arabian Liaison Office for Economic Affairs (GESALO) as successor of Oliver Oehms.
In his keynote speech Nenad Pacek, Founder and President, Global Success Advisors, MEA Business Group, shared his views of the business and economic outlook for Middle East and Africa.
The attending members were informed about the activities of AHK in the past year and the audit results.
The Assembly elected the new AHK Board of Directors which consists of 18 Emirati and German business people.
The elected Emirati Board Members are:
- Faisal Al Amiri, Al Amiri Group
- Saeed A. J. Al Fahim, Al Fahim Group
- Maha Al Gargawi, Expo 2020 Dubai
- Saeed Mohammed Al Ghurair, Trigon
- Khalifa Rubaya Al Muhairi, Al Rubaya Group
- Badr Al Olama, Mubadala
- Marwan Bin Jassim Al Sarkal, Sharjah Investment and Development Authority (Shurooq)
- Yousuf Bastaki, Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA)
- Ghanim Abdul Rahman Saeed Ghanim, Middle East General Enterprises
The elected German Board Members are:
- Dr Michael Bitzer, National Health Insurance Company – Daman
- Dr Udo Huenger, BASF Middle East
- Moritz Kerler, Quarry Mining LLC
- Sabine Krafzel-Khourdaji, Ghassan Ahmed Al Sulaiman Trading (GAAST)
- Dr Bernd Laber, Commerzbank AG Dubai Branch
- Heinrich Lange, Lufthansa German Airlines
- Marita Mitschein, SAP Training & Development Institute
- Dr Khaled Alexander Sabbah, ZF Middle East
- Dietmar Siersdorfer, Siemens Middle East